Press release from EDSO 7th of january 2016: The European Distribution System Operators for Smart Grids (EDSO) has issued a position paper (download) which posits a vision for a ‘Digital DSO,’ capturing the key messages of its recent responses to the European Commission consultations on:
- the evaluation and the review of the regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services; • the regulatory environment for platforms, online intermediaries, data and cloud computing and the collaborative economy; • standards in the Digital Single Market.
The paper starts by identifying the digital trends facing DSOs. It then explains how its members are increasingly deploying digital technologies and data solutions associated with these trends to improve their business performance and customer service. Finally, it outlines the regulatory environment necessary to enable the development of digital DSOs. This includes policy recommendations in the following areas:
- Digital Single Market and related regulation;
- revisions to Third Energy Package;
- cost recovery to fund investment in digitalisation and smart grids;
- publicly-funded Research & Innovation
Del på linkedIn